Friday, December 6, 2013

Getting Out of The Poor Mentality

I guess you could say this is my belated Thanksgiving, thankful note. With about half the world living on $2.50 or less a day, (that's well over 3 billion people!), and about 80% of the world living on $10 or less a day, I have so much to be thankful for. Now, like my economist husband pointed out to me, we're comparing dollars and in some countries a dollar really goes a long way, yes, true, but living in America alone we are so richly blessed. Honestly, unless you are too stubborn to get help, you don't ever have to go without food, shelter, or clothing in the United States! One point my husband and I only had $15 dollars in our bank account, right before I was about to panic, I looked around at my apartment. I still had a warm home, food in my cupboards, and everything else that I needed. I am greatly blessed with abundance and feel like I'm living like a Queen! One of my most favorite talks I have heard was given at my school about how even though as college students we seem to be poor, here on campus, we are some of the richest people in the world because we actually have the opportunity to get an education. And with this education we can help those that are not as fortunate as we are. So that is what I have to share during this holiday time. I am so so so thankful for the abundance I have been blessed with. My physical needs are met, and I have been blessed with the richness of education and the wealth of good family and friends! So before you think of all the things you don't have, and maybe think you need to purchase for yourself this holiday season, try thinking of what you already have been given.

Don't forget to subscribe either by e-mail or with your blogger account.

Talk: Caring For The Poor and Needy
Photo: http://megainsights.com/poverty-mentality-among-nigerians/

No comments:

Post a Comment