Tuesday, December 10, 2013
6 Fall Closet Cleanout Tips
Fall is one of those great times out of the year to clean out your closet. While some of the clothes that you wear in the Summer months still work for Winter too, the days are getting much colder. This is a transition period. So take a day to clean out your cluttered closet and re-organize it using these simple tips.
1. Pull everything out and get rid of the things that you honestly don't wear anymore. As in, the things that you really don't have an attachment to, but still have it to fill the space in your closet. (I know we all have some of those clothes). Empty space is good though. It leaves room for you to see the clothes that you actually do like wearing.
2. Try on the clothes that you haven't worn in a while to see if you still like it, or if it even fits you still.
3. Get rid of the stuff that doesn't fit you. I know, I know, it's going to fit you by this time next year right? Stacy and Clinton from TLC's What Not To Wear have always said, dress yourself in the clothes that you fit into now, not the ones you'll fit into later. Unless of course you just had a baby within the last year or something. If you have "baby fat" from 5 years ago, no, wear clothes that fit you now.
4. Neatly fold and hang the clothes that you are keeping so that you can actually see everything you have.
5. Either sell or give away the rest. There are places online to sell items worth value and also a yard sell, if you start looking around your house and realize there's maybe a lot of things you could do with out! :) But personally I prefer giving it to the thrift store. Just remember that when thrift stores have too many clothes they are shipped to places all around the world where it gets a second life and given to those who really needs them.
6. It was going to be just 5 tips but I highly recommend writing a list of your ideal wardrobe and stick to it. Only buy what's on your list. If you want some ideas you can check out my ideal wardrobe list here & here.
I hope you enjoy the pleasurable feeling from clearing out the clutter. Don't forget to subscribe by e-mail or with your blogger account!
Original Article: http://www.blogher.com/5-fall-closet-cleanout-tips