Friday, July 12, 2013

The Burning House




"If your house was burning, what would you take with you? It's a conflict between what's practical, valuable and sentimental. What you would take reflects your interests, background and priorities. Think of it as an interview condensed into one question."

I came across this blog a few years ago as I was surfing the net. It's a blog dedicated to documenting what others would take with them if their house was burning. It's made me think a lot about what are the basic things that I value the most and if the rest of the things that I own really matter? Here are some of the pictures from the blog of what others would take:


Name: Louis
Age: 18
Location: Lyon, France
Occupation: Student
Website: http://1-250s.tumblr.com/ & http://unoctineodi.tumblr.com/

List:

My Moleskine, my extrnal hard drive
My FED 4 with Jupiter 8 lens
3 Black and white films
My polaroid
A Bicycle card game, because I love playing cards
My Etch A Sketch, a gift that remembers me that have good friends
My Diary
My iPod
My old Opinel, a gift from my grandfather
3 pencils
A lot of envelope ton write to people I know
My pocket watercolor box
Name: Louis
Age: 18
Location: Lyon, France
Occupation: Student
Website: http://1-250s.tumblr.com/ & http://unoctineodi.tumblr.com/
  • List:
  • My Moleskine, my extrnal hard drive
  • My FED 4 with Jupiter 8 lens
  • 3 Black and white films
  • My polaroid
  • A Bicycle card game, because I love playing cards
  • My Etch A Sketch, a gift that remembers me that have good friends
  • My Diary
  • My iPod
  • My old Opinel, a gift from my grandfather
  • 3 pencils
  • A lot of envelope ton write to people I know
  • My pocket watercolor box
Name: Lauriƫtte de Ruiter
Age: 22
Location: Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Occupation: Interactive Designer
Website: www.lauriette.com


List:

Macbook Pro
iPhone 5
Moleskine
Passport
Wallet
Jewelry
Tiger
Keepsake boxes including photos and other important stuff
Name: Lauriƫtte de Ruiter
Age: 22
Location: Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Occupation: Interactive Designer
List:
  • Macbook Pro
  • iPhone 5
  • Moleskine
  • Passport
  • Wallet
  • Jewelry
  • Tiger
  • Keepsake boxes including photos and other important stuff
  • Name: Dashiell Oatman-StanfordAge: 25 Location: Edinburgh, ScotlandOccupation: StudentList:
Belt
Moleskin Notebook
Headphones
Messenger Bag
Passport
Glasses 
Watch 
Mug
Earbuds
iPhone
Sweater
Shoes
Laptop
Name: Dashiell Oatman-Stanford
Age: 25
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Occupation: Student

List:
  • Belt
  • Moleskin Notebook
  • Headphones
  • Messenger Bag
  • Passport
  • Glasses 
  • Watch 
  • Mug
  • Earbuds
  • iPhone
  • Sweater
  • Shoes
  • Laptop
 Name: Malcolm HendersonAge: 25 Location: Bimingham, UKOccupation: Wedding photographer and emergency call takerWebsite: www.mustardyellowphotography.comList:
Tiamo hand coffee grinder
The Oxford Book of Madrigals
Biffy Clyro The Vertigo of Bliss
The party elephant
Monty the Mouse
Our Moroccan teapot
Ukelele
Name: Malcolm Henderson
Age: 25
Location: Bimingham, UK
Occupation: Wedding photographer and emergency call taker
Website: www.mustardyellowphotography.com
List:
  • Tiamo hand coffee grinder
  • The Oxford Book of Madrigals
  • Biffy Clyro The Vertigo of Bliss
  • The party elephant
  • Monty the Mouse
  • Our Moroccan teapot
  • Ukelele
    image
    Name: Roberto Alegria
    Age: 35
    Location: Barcelona, Spain
    Occupation: Photographer
    Website: www.robertoalegria.com

    List:
    • Skateboard
    • Notebooks
    • Wallet
    • MacBookPro
    • IPhone
    • Brixton Hat
    • Nixon Watch
    • Vietnamese four face buddha
    • Hasselblad 201F film camera
 Here is what I would grab if my home was on flames:


  • My mom's jewelry (sorry mom, didn't realize I had it in my things when I got married)
  • Sculpture my grandpa carved
  • Scriptures
  • Baby book
  • Journals
  • Wallet
  • Favorite Dress
  • Flip flops
  • Mug my cousin made
  • Mother goose nursery rhymes book
What would you take if your house was on fire?

Photos and information from theburninghouse.com

No comments:

Post a Comment