Monday, September 16, 2013

Why I No Longer Use Toothpaste


I can't believe that's I had my baby a month ago now! It has been hard trying to find a juggle between everything while trying to figure out being a new mom. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it now. There are so many things I've wanted to blog about but could never find the time to do so. I'm now finally feeling like I can set the time aside though. Right before I had my baby girl I had been reading about how people have been able to re-mineralize their teeth and reverse tooth decay (cavities) and gum disease. There are even books on it! So before you think it's impossible to do so and you have a cavity that needs filling, look at all your options before you drill a hole in your tooth and fill it with a foreign substance, think of it this way: if you have low bone density doctors say you can rebuild the density right? Well the same should be with our teeth too. Our teeth aren't dead, they're living. So I did some research of my own as to what I should and shouldn't be doing for the health of my teeth. I found a great tooth powder recipe and Ora Wellness. My husband and I have our own container of the tooth powder.

  • 4 Tablespoons Bentonite Clay
  • 3 Tablespoons Calcium Magnesium Powder
  • 1 Tablespoon Baking Soda (optional)
  • 2 Tablespoons Powdered Mint Leaf (optional, or can use essential oil)- Powder in blender, food processor or coffee grinder.
  • 1 tablespoon Cinnamon Powder
  • 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of Cloves Powder
  • 1 Tablespoon (or more to taste) Xylitol Powder
  • Essential oils for taste- completely optional but Peppermint, Spearmint and Cinnamon are good. I buy mine from Mountain Rose Herbs.
I get my toothbrush wet and dab a little of my tooth powder on the top bristles. I then swish a couple of drops of Ora Wellness in my mouth with water as a mouth wash. Since I've been using it, my teeth feel cleaner when I wake up in the morning than it normally did, and I've noticed that my teeth have gotten whiter! All the ingredients can be found either on Amazon and grocery store (like baking soda, duh). There
are so many things i normally would put links to but I don't have the time for. Look up about flouride dangers, and the ingredients in my tooth powder. Also remember that decreasing your sugar intake is a must to re-mineralize your teeth. And keep in mind that doctors and dentists, yes have their place, but that they are also in business. Many things our bodies can heal itself if we give it the chance with proper nutrition so asking your dentist if you can re-mineralize your teeth, he isn't in the business to say "yes you can" he didn't go to school to do that.

*I'm not saying don't go to your dentist, you still should get a deep clean every 6 months, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment