Wednesday, September 18, 2013

DIY: Quilt Made from Sample Fabrics


Originally quilts were made from scraps of fabric that were used for something else. Like when someone's dress was worn out they then would cut it up to use it to make a quilt out of. People lived more with the notion of "fix it up, wear it out, make it do or do without." Now quilting is a hobby, but I like the idea of taking something that was once used as something else and when it no longer is needed for that purpose, instead of throwing it away, finding another purpose for it. Example: I use torn socks as rags to clean with. I was taking a sewing class earlier this year and my teacher was getting rid of a sample fabric book that came from a home fabric store. So I decided to make a quilt for my little girl. It's still more glamorous than what original quilts were I'm sure. Thank you mom for helping me finish the quilt after Brigitte was born!

1 comment:

  1. The quilt is beautiful, just like lil' girl...great job on both! You inspire me to be more simple one post at a time. Thanks friend!

    ReplyDelete