Thursday, April 3, 2014

DIY: Coasters Made Out of T-shirts

 I'm trying to minimize my consumption of items in my house, as well as how many things I discard to the dump and thrift store. So I have been trying to find new uses for things before getting rid of it. It goes along with one of my favorite sayings that I could practice more:

Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.

So I made my old T-shirts into coasters. Here's how:
 1. Cut up one side of the shirt.
 2. Spread it out and cut 1/2"-1" strips length wise (the longest side).
 3. Once you've done that with 3 shirts, put them together...
 4. And make a knot.
 5. Then braid them together.
 6. Cut out a circle made from felt. The scale of my circle was just based on the widest glasses that I own. Then with a hot glue gun, wrap the braid around the felt starting in the middle out. I first took the knot out so that the coaster lays flat. 
Voilà! A coaster.

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog with your blogger account or with e-mails! Have a great Thursday!

1 comment: