Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.
So I made my old T-shirts into coasters. Here's how:
1. Cut up one side of the shirt.
2. Spread it out and cut 1/2"-1" strips length wise (the longest side).
3. Once you've done that with 3 shirts, put them together...
4. And make a knot.
5. Then braid them together.
6. Cut out a circle made from felt. The scale of my circle was just based on the widest glasses that I own. Then with a hot glue gun, wrap the braid around the felt starting in the middle out. I first took the knot out so that the coaster lays flat.
Voilà! A coaster.
Don't forget to subscribe to my blog with your blogger account or with e-mails! Have a great Thursday!