Monday, October 28, 2013

Getting Rid, As a Way To Get More

I'm a big believer that if we declutter our lives, then we have space for better opportunitites to come and to become our true selves. The type of decluttering I'm talking about is our physical objects we own, decluttering our bodies from extra weight that's weighing us down, decluttering our minds by forgiving and letting go, decluttering our time that is wasted on things that don't matter. I'm tired of feeling tired, weighed down by things that don't matter. Physical, spiritual, mental, emotional, I want peace in my life, the kind of happiness that doesn't go away.
Though I believe in this, addiction plagues my everyday choices. From the amount of sugar I eat, to the amount of times I have to check my Facebook in a day, to the everyday nap I've been taking almost my whole life. Is it normal to be so tired?! I don't think so, I think it's an option, but change has to take place.
This change won't be easy. Even part of me doesn't want to because I know it won't be easy. There's what society says is a need and will make you happy, and then there's truth. Most of us our in denial and instead we keep stuffing our faces in front of the TV because then we don't have to deal with real life. We make our lives complicated to please, to look "normal", because we worry about things that may or may not happen in the future, and the list goes on! Mostly everyone I see including myself is a slave to something. Things we're not even aware of.
So here's to decluttering, here's to letting go, to making concious choices, and changing my life.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment